Powered by Blogger.

A Day at Hong Kong Disney Land

by - April 05, 2019


When we knew that we would be starting our trip in Hong Kong I just knew that I had to cross another of the Disney parks off my list, in my Disney minded head it seemed completely practical to head out to the park for the whole day while we were still kind of dealing with jet lag. YOLO.
This post is going to be more of a photo diary of the day, seen as I took so many (obviously) but we booked our tickets and meal vouchers through klook and I 100% recommend it. It was painless and straight forward and there was no delay at the ticket kiosk and turnstiles so we were in the park straight away.


We visited during the Chinese New Year celebration so there was a lot of characters in Chinese dress, and beautiful decorations over the whole park. Also quick note: those donuts were huge and as much as I wanted one I knew I would not have finished it...so a photo was enough!


By Disney standards the Hong Kong Park opens late, at 10am so you have plenty of time to get there without having to catch the train at the crack of dawn. Toy Story Land, Western Land and the area with Mystic Manor in don’t open until 10:30. But get outside of those areas for rope drop. We did every ride in Toy Story Land, got great photos and rode Mystic Manor all before 12noon!


Mystic Manor was great, as was the Grizzly Mine Train, it was slightly like AK’s Expedition Everest and it really did take you by surprise! The theming in the area was really good as well, about five minutes walk away is the festival of the Lion King theatre and if you manage to catch a show I really recommend it. It isn’t the same as the version in America however it’s very good and uses all the same elements.


Meeting R2D2 with no queue and riding Space mountain were also highlights (this one is better than WDW and TDL for me but not as good as DLP)


The evening light projections down Main Street for Mickey’s 90th and the light parade were absolutely incredible. One of my favourite parts of the day was watching all the floats go down Main Street, it was honestly magical. 
While there are hundreds more where those came from its best this post gets wrapped up before it never ends! 
One of the most magical days of the first 30 days of the trip by far! 

You May Also Like

0 comments